In last month’s post “10 Ways to (Smartly) Blow Your Tax Refund,” we listed “treat yourself” as a way to use your tax refund. In this post, Alpine Bank wants to elaborate more on how treating yourself can be a reward without costing money.
Think about the things you like doing most; how many of them cost money? Some of the biggest rewards in life don’t cost anything or have relatively little expense. Here are some frugal ideas to help you treat yourself.
- Pour a nice glass of wine- red wine has been shown to help your heart, so pour yourself a glass and de-stress.
- Soak in a hot bath or hot tub- a great way to relax after a long day.
- Turn some pages- is there a book you’ve been wanting to read, but just haven’t gotten to? Find your nearest bookstore, grab a copy and turn into a bookworm.
- Park it- as the weather (hopefully) warms up, find a park near your home or work and take in a nice afternoon or evening.
- Pound the pavement- it costs you nothing to go for a walk or run, and it is an investment in your health!
- Catch a flick- try an early movie time on a weekend before the crowds arrive and movie prices go up.
- Have someone else cook- order in from your favorite Chinese place or that new place on the corner you’ve been wanting to try.
- Call someone and chat- life can get busy, so call someone you haven’t talked to in a while and catch up.
- Clear your DVR- if you have one, go through and watch everything you’ve recorded.
- Indulge your guilty pleasure- from reality TV to playing your favorite music and singing along, do what makes you feel good!
How do you reward yourself? There are many great things to do around our communities that cost little to no money, so be sure take a look at all the Rockford area has to offer. Alpine Bank hopes you find something new and exciting, and we look forward to seeing you again!