Now that we are in the autumn season, you may be kicking yourself for not finishing up your summer home improvement projects. Don’t worry! Alpine Bank is here to help.
After making the initial decision to sell a home, there are several considerations to make and steps to take. Every situation is unique and should be approached as so. Whether the decision is made for financial reasons or for a new job, moving can be simplified with the right organization skills and professionals.
Making your home appealing to potential buyers is an important aspect in making the sale. Alpine Bank is here to offer you suggestions to do just that.
Tips for Home Sellers:
- Find out what your home is worth and then shave 15 to 20 percent off that value. You will attract many buyers who will bid higher than what you priced the home at originally and the risk will be worth it.
- Hire a broker that knows the area, is well educated of the housing market, and is tech savvy. A well informed broker will keep a watchful eye out on the market and ensure you are getting the best deal possible.
- Show off the best features of your home and make it appealing to any buyer. Next to location, light is a priority for most home buyers. Open the drapes, dust off blinds, and replace light bulbs. Do everything you can to make your home appear light, open, and cheery.
- Storage space is important for many. Clean out your closet and neatly organize the remaining items. Show potential buyers how much room there is for their belongings and help them feel at home.
- Simple upgrades like a new coat of paint, new door handles, new drapes, and polished floors, will help your home to look fresh without having to spend a lot.
- Depersonalize your home to allow potential buyers to visualize themselves in it. Put away family photos, personal collections, and keepsakes.
- Always have your home “show ready.” It needs to be in the right condition for a showing at any time. You need to be available and prepared to have a showing at any time. After all, the first impression matters most.
Alpine Bank wishes you the best of luck when selling your home. We understand this can be a stressful time of packing boxes and preparing for a big move, which is why we encourage you to do the small things right to sell your home as quick as possible. As you go on to find a home, contact Alpine Bank for a mortgage to fit your financial needs.
Alpine Bank would like to offer you 4 affordable ideas for sprucing up your home this summer. With flowers in bloom and the sun shining bright, there is no better time to freshen up your house. Home is a place where family and friends gather and memories are made. Make this summer one to remember with several fun home projects to take on. Visit our site today to find services to help you with all your financial needs.
- Our first suggestion to creating a fresh look in your home is to paint the front door. While this may seem like a small change, it will make a big difference. A colored door can show your personality and set you aside from neighbors
- Our second suggestion is to add plants inside the home. A potted plant can be placed in the entrance to the home, kitchen, living room, or sun room, or anywhere it can receive proper sunlight. Plants have been shown to increase oxygen, improve mood, and increase focus. They are an easy find at any flower shop or farmer’s market.
- Our third suggestion is to replace old light fixtures with new. They can be installed easily and greatly change the feel of a room. A statement light shows that you care about the details of your home and value individuality. Go as extravagant or conservative as you feel to brighten up any room.
- Our fourth suggestion is to care for floors frequently and thoroughly. When floors are neglected, they collect dust and dirt that can cause scratching and long term expensive damage. By simply dusting and mopping a couple times a week, you will keep high traffic areas safe from scratches.
Alpine Bank encourages you to save money and make affordable home improvements this summer. We hope you keep us in mind when making financial decisions and don’t hesitate to drop in or give us a call today! Member FDIC.