After making the initial decision to sell a home, there are several considerations to make and steps to take. Every situation is unique and should be approached as so. Whether the decision is made for financial reasons or for a new job, moving can be simplified with the right organization skills and professionals.
Making your home appealing to potential buyers is an important aspect in making the sale. Alpine Bank is here to offer you suggestions to do just that.
Tips for Home Sellers:
- Find out what your home is worth and then shave 15 to 20 percent off that value. You will attract many buyers who will bid higher than what you priced the home at originally and the risk will be worth it.
- Hire a broker that knows the area, is well educated of the housing market, and is tech savvy. A well informed broker will keep a watchful eye out on the market and ensure you are getting the best deal possible.
- Show off the best features of your home and make it appealing to any buyer. Next to location, light is a priority for most home buyers. Open the drapes, dust off blinds, and replace light bulbs. Do everything you can to make your home appear light, open, and cheery.
- Storage space is important for many. Clean out your closet and neatly organize the remaining items. Show potential buyers how much room there is for their belongings and help them feel at home.
- Simple upgrades like a new coat of paint, new door handles, new drapes, and polished floors, will help your home to look fresh without having to spend a lot.
- Depersonalize your home to allow potential buyers to visualize themselves in it. Put away family photos, personal collections, and keepsakes.
- Always have your home “show ready.” It needs to be in the right condition for a showing at any time. You need to be available and prepared to have a showing at any time. After all, the first impression matters most.
Alpine Bank wishes you the best of luck when selling your home. We understand this can be a stressful time of packing boxes and preparing for a big move, which is why we encourage you to do the small things right to sell your home as quick as possible. As you go on to find a home, contact Alpine Bank for a mortgage to fit your financial needs.